Thursday, February 2, 2012

Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Release Date: October 18, 2011
Publisher: Spencer Hill Press
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 281

The Hematoi descend from the unions of gods and mortals, and the children of two Hematoi-pure-bloods-have godlike powers. Children of Hematoi and mortals-well, not so much. Half-bloods only have two options: become trained Sentinels who hunt and kill daimons or become servants in the homes of the pures. 
Seventeen-year-old Alexandria would rather risk her life fighting than waste it scrubbing toilets, but she may end up slumming it anyway. There are several rules that students at the Covenant must follow. Alex has problems with them all, but especially rule #1:Relationships between pures and halfs are forbidden. Unfortunately, she's crushing hard on the totally hot pure-blood Aiden. But falling for Aiden isn't her biggest problem--staying alive long enough to graduate the Covenant and become a Sentinel is. If she fails in her duty, she faces a future worse than death or slavery: being turned into a daimon, and being hunted by Aiden. 
And that would kind of suck.


What I thought:

I LOVE Jennifer Armentrout!!! I think her books are absolutely amazing, hot and hilarious!

Half-Blood is the first book of a “fourology”---“The Covenant series” (There IS a short
pre-quel to this book called “ Daimon” which, I recommend you read before starting this book!)

I don’t want to spoil much so I’m just going to write what I thought about this book!

I loved the heroine, Alex! Even though she goes through a lot of pain and has to sacrifice a lot, she is a strong female character! Her best friend Caleb, just makes the whole book funnier and their relationship is just so sweet! I love it! *swoon*
Then of course there is Aiden, the mysterious, hot guy who agrees to tutor her.
There were some hot scenes in the book that I just had to re-read like 5 times cause I just couldn’t get enough!

I loved the actions in the book as well. There is a great action part in the pre-quel and an AMAZING one after the first half of the Half-Blood book! It was just AMAZING!!

This book was just total Awesomeness! I truly recommend this book to every YA book lover!!
No…seriously…..READ IT!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment