Friday, February 3, 2012

Delirium by Lauren Oliver

Delirium by Lauren Oliver

Release Date: February 1st 2011
Publisher: by HarperCollins Children’s Books
Age Group: Young Adult
Format: Hardcover, 441 pages


Before scientists found the cure, people thought love was a good thing. They didn’t understand that once love -- the deliria -- blooms in your blood, there is no escaping its hold. Things are different now. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the government demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen.  
Lena Holoway has always looked forward to the day when she’ll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy.

But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable: She falls in love.


What I thought:

Delirium was the first dystopian book I read so I was a bit sceptical and didn’t know what to expect.
Lauren Oliver, though, was able to pull me into the story right from the start. It surpassed all my expectations! I found this book brilliant and totally believable.

This book made me think a lot. Imagine a world without love!? Would you want to live there? I would certainly not. I mean love has its problems and negative aspects but love makes us what we are. This is what Lena comes to realize through the book.

Lena, the main character in the book, transforms from someone who opposes the idea of love to someone who is all head over heels for love which makes the story really interesting.  

I’m not going to spoil too much because I think this is a book you should just read!
The ending is quite heart-breaking and I can’t wait to read Pandemonium!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment