Friday, February 3, 2012

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

Release Date: September 27th 2011
Publisher: by Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
Age Group: Young Adult
Hardcover
, 452 pages


Mara Dyer doesn't think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.

It can.
 

She believes there must be more to the accident she can't remember that killed her friends and left her mysteriously unharmed.  
There is.
 

She doesn't believe that after everything she's been through, she can fall in love.
 

She's wrong.


What I thought:


This book was Scary, Suspenseful and Amazing

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer was one of my absolute favourite books of 2011! It was different than most of the YA fantasy paranormal books I’ve read so far.

I’m not going to spoil anything, not because I want to torture you, but because I’m doing you a favour!!

HOWEVER I’m going to tell you a bit what I thought about the characters in this book and why I liked this book so much!


First of all Mara, the main character of the book, is great! I loved how strong she is and also the great relationship she has with her family especially with her older brother (which you don’t find in many YA books).
Then there’s Noah the superhot mysterious guy with a “teasing attitude” that you just can’t not love!

And then, of course, there’s the whole creepy hot and scary story that will keep you glued to the page until you finish it.
Oh and I nearly forgot…the big cliff-hanger at the end just makes you crave for more!






No comments:

Post a Comment